Invest in Rutherford County
WHY INVEST IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENNESSEE?
Rutherford County, located in the “Heart of Tennessee,” is the population and geographic center of the state. Just southeast of Nashville, the county combines the benefits of smaller-town living with the amenities of a major metropolitan area. If you would like to buy or sell a property in this fast growing market, contact Comas Montgomery Realty and Auction Co. today!
Facts about Rutherford County
- 96.7 Cost of Living Index vs. The National Average of 100
- Murfreesboro #2 and Smyrna #3 Fastest Growing Cities in Tennessee
- Rutherford County ranked 6th for the largest employment increase in the nation.
- 1,523 New Jobs were created in 2017 and $389 Million in Capital Investments from 7 relocations and 15 existing company expansions.
- Middle Tennessee State University is the largest undergraduate university in Tennessee with more than 21,000 students.
- Within a day’s drive of 75% of the nation’s markets and only minutes from 3 major interstates.
- Great air service through Murfreesboro, Smyrna and Nashville International airports.
- Lower cost of living with unparallel quality of life.
Sources: 2018 ACCRA Cost of Living, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Commerce and The Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
2018 Population: 321,230
2023 Projection: 349,860
2010 Census: 262,604
Number of Households: 117,744
Average Household Income: $81,875
Median Household Income: $64,982
City of Murfreesboro
2018 Population: 136,595
2023 Projection: 148,135
2010 Census: 108,755
Number of Households: 52,271
Average Household Income: $79,509
Median Household Income: $59,266
Town of Smyrna
2018 Population: 50,183
2023 Projection: 54,807
2010 Census: 39,974
Number of Households: 18,890
Average Household Income: $75,976
Median Household Income: $61,494
City of La Vergne
2018 Population: 39,114
2023 Projections: 42,746
2010 Census: 32,588
Number of Households: 12,804
Average Household Income: $78,492
Median Household Income: $65,722
Sources: 2018 Claritas Estimate, 2010 Census Data and The Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
- Middle Tennessee State University Enrollment: 21,913
- Motlow College Enrollment - Smyrna Campus: 2,309
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology Enrollment: 114
- Rutherford County Schools Enrollment: 43,683
- Murfreesboro City Schools Enrollment: 8,437
- Rutherford County Private Schools Enrollment: 2,546
Source: The Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce - All enrollment numbers from 2017
Top Private Sector Employers in the Area
- Nissan North America, Inc.
- Ingram Content Group
- State Farm Insurance Co.
- Amazon Fulfillment Center
- St. Thomas Rutherford Hospital
- Verizon Wireless
- General Mills
- Bridgestone Americas, Inc.